B2B lead generation is not like normal lead generation – and these 20 LinkedIn statistics prove it.
In B2B, your audience is not young teens adding filters on Snapchat or urban moms testing recipes from Pinterest. And though marketing statistics show your customers may be on Facebook, they’re not looking to do product research or connect with professionals on the platform.
Instead, B2B marketers need to turn to LinkedIn for quality lead generation.
For Mod Girl Marketing, LinkedIn lead generation was the #1 we grew our agency. Simply treating your profile like a digital resume, however, is not the way to land new prospects. Instead, marketers have to use comprehensive lead generation marketing strategies, approaching their profiles with an SEO-mindset and making genuine connections with prospects over direct messages.
When our Founder and CEO, Mandy McEwen, began looking for leads on LinkedIn, she applied her SEO expertise to optimize her profile, discovered effective LinkedIn lead generation tools that helped her scale her efforts, and perfected message templates to make outreach more efficient.
By using her powerful LinkedIn lead generation strategy, Mandy has gained over 12,000 followers. In addition, over 2,000 people have visited her profile in the last 90 days – and the vast majority of those visitors are Mod Girl Marketing’s ideal clients.
Now, Mandy wants to share this strategy – one that landed her over $200,000 in client projects in only 30 days – with you. Want to learn how to use this powerful social media platform to grow your business?
Register for our free, live Mod Masterclass: How to Land 5 – 8 New Leads Per Day Using LinkedIn.
20 LinkedIn Statistics That Prove B2B Marketers Need To Be Using It for Lead Generation
Not sure if LinkedIn is worth your time yet? These 20 LinkedIn statistics show exactly how powerful it is for B2B lead generation – and show how you can use it to scale your business fast.
How an Optimized LinkedIn Profile and Quality Posts Can Help You Stand Out
1. Don’t forget to smile! LinkedIn found that having a profile picture – especially a professional headshot – makes your profile 14x more likely to be viewed.
2. Having an optimized profile not only helps people find you on LinkedIn, it helps you make new connections with your ideal leads. LinkedIn members with current positions listed receive up to 5x more connection requests.
3. And relevant skills are even more powerful for LinkedIn lead generation. Adding at least 5 relevant skills will help you get messaged up to 31x more by other members.
4. When publishing articles on LinkedIn, keep the titles short. Titles with 40-49 characters receive the greatest number of views overall.
5. Images are key to LinkedIn posts, resulting in up to 98% higher comment rates.Adding at least 5 relevant skills will help you get messaged up to 31x more by other members.Click To Tweet
Who You Will Find On LinkedIn
1. There are over 500 million users on LinkedIn, representing more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. That means no matter where your ideal client lives, odds are they’re on LinkedIn!
2. LinkedIn users tend to be educated and earn large incomes. 49% of U.S. adults using LinkedIn are college graduates, and 45% of them earn over $75,000 a year. That’s more than users on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
3. LinkedIn users are decision-makers. 91% of executives rated LinkedIn as their number one choice for professionally relevant content.91% of executives rated LinkedIn as their number one choice for professionally relevant content.Click To Tweet
4. 34% of U.S. adults ages 18-29 and 31% of U.S. adults ages 30-49 use LinkedIn.
5. Your prospects check LinkedIn on the go. In fact, 57% of those who visit LinkedIn do so on a mobile device.
Why LinkedIn Is Perfect for B2B Lead Generation
1. Out of all the social media platforms they used, 78% of B2B marketers said LinkedIn was the most successful.
2. They’re not wrong – HubSpot found that LinkedIn is 277% more effective for lead generation than Facebook or Twitter!
3. You’re in good company – in 2017, 98% of B2B marketers used LinkedIn for content marketing.
4. These B2B marketers see real results, too, with 80% of their leads coming from LinkedIn.
5. And 43% of marketers overall say they have sourced a customer from LinkedIn.These B2B marketers see real results, too, with 80% of their leads coming from LinkedIn.Click To Tweet
The State of B2B Lead Generation
1. Social media channels contribute 3x more leads for B2B companies than traditional channels.
2. It’s also a great source for traffic – 64% of all corporate website visits come from social media channels.
3. But it’s not always easy to generate these leads – 61% of B2B marketers say generating high-quality leads is their biggest challenge.
4. It can also be expensive. Leads in marketing typically cost $32, leads in healthcare cost $60, leads in technology cost $31, and leads in human resources cost $38.
5. But with our Mod Lead Gen Masterclass, you can 10x your prospects – without spending any money on ads.61% of B2B marketers say generating high-quality leads is their biggest challenge.Click To Tweet
Learn How to Use the #1 B2B Lead Generation Source
LinkedIn has been the secret to Mod Girl Marketing’s growth over the years, and statistics like these show that we’re not alone: for B2B lead generation, LinkedIn is a must.
But these LinkedIn statistics don’t mean you can see results without putting in the work. Without a properly optimized LinkedIn profile, you won’t see the same success you could otherwise.
That’s why we’ve developed a step-by-step guide that shows you exactly how to revamp your profile so that your dream clients find you – AND want to work with you.
And the best part? You can do it all in under 1 hour.Tags: b2b lead generation, lead generation, LinkedIn lead generation, linkedin statistics, marketing statistics