Surveys consistently show consumers prefer to do business with medical practices that offer email marketing. Most consumers prefer to conduct medical research online — using the internet to research doctors, check the cost of medical procedures, and obtain information about a condition, drug or procedure. Naturally, medical practices that can deliver this type of information directly to consumers’ inboxes will have a competitive advantage. Once consumers become patients, they will also want to pay their bills and view their lab results online.
Does your practice have the necessary tools and strategy to launch successful email marketing campaigns? Are you able to meet patient demands, while keeping in line with HIPAA requirements? Mod Girl Marketing specializes in helping medical practices modernize with the times, using the latest tools and techniques to reach more potential patients, increase patient acquisition and retention, and improve the patient experience with existing patients to generate referral business.
A Few Medical Marketing Statistics From The Last Year
- One in 20 Google searches are for health-related information. (Source: Google)
- 66% of Americans are willing to use mobile apps to manage their health. (Source: Makovsky/Kelton)
- 79% of Americans are willing to use a wearable device to manage their health. (Source: Makovsky/Kelton)
- 66% of US health systems will offer digital self-scheduling by the end of 2019. (Source – Accenture)
- 64% of Americans would be willing to have a video visit with a doctor. (Source: American Well)
While the healthcare industry in general has been slow to warm to online tools and technologies, “the giant has awakened,” so to speak. Our consultants believe the adoption of email marketing technology will only grow in the coming years. In fact, we are seeing more and more medical providers branching out to develop their own mobile apps, exploring how to incorporate wearable technology into patient recovery programs, and setting up profiles on live video and video chat sites to be that expert patients are searching for online.
Benefits of Email Marketing For Medical Professionals
Email automation emails help you:
- Maintain a high level of awareness and education among prospects and patients alike.
- Disseminate important and relevant medical information to existing patients.
- Encourage prospects and dormant patients to contact you for assistance.
- Demonstrate expertise and thought leadership through newsletter marketing.
- Improve results by helping patients stick to treatment programs and avoid repeat hospital stays.
- Free up time and personnel among staff.
- Increase revenue, save time, and build your brand.
Who Uses Email Marketing Automation?
We’ve seen successful applications of email automation for:
- Med Spas
- Plastic Surgeons
- Cosmetic Surgeons
- Weight Loss Clinics
- Nutritionists and Dietitians
- And More!
Examples of Marketing Automation Use In Medical Practices
There are countless ways to use automated emails to ensure your company’s wellness moving into the future. You can:
- Set up an onboarding sequence to welcome new patients to the practice and provide value.
- Nurture existing patients by sending occasional emails to build trust and encourage referrals.
- Send out appointment reminders and other health information to improve the efficiency of your office.
- Issue daily emails timed to surgery milestones like prep or recovery.
- Mail three or four email questions to recovering patients to keep tabs on their progress.
- Allow direct communication with doctors to improve patient satisfaction.
What Doctors Have To Say About “Automating Empathy”
Cara Waller, CEO of the Newport Orthopedic Institute, says she “almost felt nauseous” when advisors told her she needed some sort of automated technology to improve patient satisfaction scores and receive higher Medicare reimbursements.”How can you automate something as deeply personal as empathy?” she wondered. Yet, she ultimately decided to give it a try because she could see no other way to follow up with 500+ joint replacement patients each year. “There’s a limited number of resources in health care,” Waller told NPR — adding that the technology allowed the institute to direct their energy to “people who need the hand-holding.”
Which Email Marketing Platforms Are Popular Among Doctors?
The number of platforms for email marketing is overwhelming. A few of the top contenders include Hatchbuck, Hubspot, Marketo, VerticalRespnonse, and InfusionSoft, but speaking with a medical marketing consultant can help you sort out precisely what you need.
Take The Next Step Toward Automating Your Email Correspondence
With Mod Girl Marketing as your trusted partner, we can inform you with a strategy session, be a knowledgeable soundboard for your ideas, train your staff on the latest medical marketing trends, provide you with turnkey solutions to your marketing staffing shortages, or troubleshoot your biggest online marketing challenges. Contact us to learn more.Tags: healthcare marketing, medical email marketing