Thanks to a recent study, Google provides some insight as to just how important it is for business owners to have a mobile-friendly website design. So what exactly did this recent study find?
Google states, “Without a mobile-friendly site you’ll be driving users to your competition. In fact, 67% of users are more likely to buy from a mobile-friendly site, so if that site’s not yours, you’ll be missing out in a big way.”
What else did the mobile website study find?
In July 2012, Google surveyed 1,088 adult smartphone internet users. The problem, and the opportunity, is big:
While 75% of users prefer a mobile-friendly website, 96% of consumers say they have encountered numerous websites that were obviously not designed for mobile devices. This presents a huge problem for businesses who don’t have a mobile website. It also presents a large opportunity for companies like Mod Girl Marketing to help business owners by creating mobile-friendly website designs.
Mobile-friendly website design increases sales
- 74% of people who visited a mobile-friendly website said they are more likely to return in the future.
- 67% of mobile users say when thy visit a mobile-friendly website they are more likely to buy a product or service from that website
Not having a mobile-friendly website helps your competitors
- 61% of users say if they don’t find what they were looking for right away on a mobile site, they will quickly move onto another site
- 79% of people who don’t like what they see on a mobile site will go back and search for another site
- 50% of people said that even if they like a business, they will use them less often if the website is not mobile-friendly
This was just part of the study conducted by Google. Read the entire mobile-friendly website study here.
It is apparent that mobile-friendly websites are no longer an option, but a much needed addition to a businesses’ online marketing arsenal. With smartphone usage overtaking actual computer usage, your business is missing out on a huge opportunity if it does not have a mobile-friendly website.
Mod Girl Marketing creates stunning, user-friendly mobile website designs for businesses. Here are a few examples of our mobile-friendly website designs:
Don’t give your competitors an extra advantage. Give your business the edge with a mobile-friendly website design from Mod Girl Marketing.Tags: businesses, Consumers, Google, mobile, mobile friendly, sell, Web Design, websites